Tax day, April 15, is now less than a month away. Is “do taxes” on your list?
A service offered in the library building is free tax assistance. This service is not provided by library staff (lucky for you, believe me!), but by trained volunteers (through the AARP) for anyone with low to moderate income.
For tax help at the Corvallis or Philomath libraries, you need to call 766-6704 to make an appointment. The hours there are:
- Corvallis Library: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 am – 3 pm
- Philomath Community Library: Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 10 am – 3 pm
The Corvallis Senior Center also hosts AARP tax assistance by appointment (same phone number, 766-6704):
- Mondays and Fridays, 11 am – 3 pm
- Wednesdays 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
The last day for appointments at all locations is Tuesday, April 14th.
Walk-in assistance (no appointment; first come, first served) is also available from the tax volunteers at the Rite Aid Store, located on 9th & Circle Blvd. in Corvallis. They have great hours:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays 10 am – 4 pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 am – 7 pm
You can always come to us on the second floor in Corvallis, or to any of the branch libraries and we will be happy to print off forms for you. The first page is free and additional pages are $0.10 per page.
Get your taxes squared away and enjoy the coming spring!
- Amy, a second floor librarian